Alex Hanly offers 3 practices as a senior accredited yoga teacher, theatre practitioner and movement medicine teacher, alongside a breadth of knowledge uncovered from years of experience working in the self-development and wellness field. Alex teaches both the stand-alone practices and a synthesis of these practices in many classes, workshops and retreats. Practice is an opportunity to adopt different postures both physical postures of the body and inner postures of awareness or attitude. The aim is to get to know yourself more intimately and dismantle any constricting beliefs that shut you off from experiencing the whole of your being and Life. Alex runs a private practice in west London. Alongside teaching a range of group classes, workshops and retreats in Kent, London and online. Ongoing education and personal enquiry informs Alex’s capacity to teach practices that are precise, gentle and transformative. Her approach is not one size fits all, rather it is a unique personal evolving practice founded in compassionate curiosity.
Alex’s Training and influences:
- SYT senior accredited yoga teacher Yoga Alliance UK
- 3 year Diploma in Yoga with the The British Wheel of Yoga
- Qualified Teacher and Facilitator to ‘The School Of Movement Medicine’.
- BA Hons Degree in Acting for Contemporary Theatre at East 15 Acting School
- Ongoing Study with the Trantrika Institute
- 500 hour Hatha Yoga TTC and Advanced TTC with at Yoga Vidya Gurukul University Yoga Point
- 250 hour Yoga Therapy Training and 10 day internship at the Yoga Hospital at Yoga Vidya Gurukul University Yoga Point
- Active Birthing teacher Active Birth Centre
- 1 month Ashtanga Yoga at the Ashtanga institute of Sri K Pattabhi Jois
- Ongoing personal and group research in menstruation, for more info click here Menstrual Yoga
- 3 Year Artist Residency Clarence Mews
- Artist residency at the Workcentre of Jerzy Grotowski and Thomas Richards
- Affiliate of the Grotowski Institute